Our customers are passionate about their cars ... are you passionate about purchasing?
The Purchaser plays a key role in the supply chain ensuring the smooth flow of material from the vendor to Eastwood. They will work with others on the Product Team to create, confirm and track purchase orders, conduct item maintenance, cost changes, manage vendors, and coordinate vendor returns.
- Manage forecasting and planning of assigned merchandise. Issue, maintain and manage Purchase Orders (PO) for new and established items. Ensure PO confirmation with the vendor.Identify and record PO delays during production and transportation in order to maintain accurate due dates and identify inventory shortfalls requiring expedite.
- Make optimal buy decisions by taking into account sales history, promotions, seasonality, product life cycle, trends, inventory, EOQ, and service level to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Assume responsibility as the purchasing contact for assigned suppliers. Coordinate communication to and from assigned suppliers in matters related to purchasing, shipping and delivery. Maintain supplier library and supplier contact information.
- Actively manage inventory by implementing various inventory reduction strategies to meet inventory turnover goal. Review inventory and demand status on weekly basis to push out or pull in open orders as demand requires. The goal is to carry minimum inventory while minimizing back orders and stock outs.
- Work with suppliers, receiving, and accounting departments to resolve discrepancies with shipments and items.
- Conduct item maintenance tasks and projects by updating vendor information, item status and cost changes.
- Assist with vendor management by inputting new vendor information into ERP system and maintaining accurate vendor contact information.
- Posses outstanding initiative, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- At least 2 years purchasing experience or equivalent work experience. Will consider candidates with bachelor's degree and fewer years of experience.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems is required.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory, planning and distribution functions.Lean, Kanban, JIT, VMI and continuous improvement experience is highly desired.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to perform activities to support product development, administration, and quality.
- Comfortable with computation - basic math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If after reading the qualifications needed to be successful in this position you think you are the right candidate, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Eastwood offers a competitive compensation package that consists of base salary, inclusion in the company bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical/dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, a 100% vested matching 401k plan, paid time off, employee assistance program, employee discounts and other voluntary benefits.